The Toxicology History Room (THR) provides extensive information on a few historical issues. The THR is a collection of posters and other resources suitable for display at scientific meetings or other gatherings. The THR was organized and presented by Steven G. Gilbert and Phil Wexler and is a project of Toxicology History Association. We greatly appreciate all those that have contributed to the THR and are always seeking additional contributions. Below you can explore the posters that make up the THR and see pictures from THR exhibits.
Submit a Toxicology History Poster
The Toxicology History Association seeks contributors to create new posters with a focus on a historical aspect of toxicology, public health or other areas of interest. Our goal is to place scientific information in the context of history, society, and culture in a way that both enlightens and inspires. See ppd call for posters
- Poster Specification
We have adapted a portrait format as the standard that is 28 X 44 inches or 71 x 112 cm. For example see Highlights in the History of Toxicology below. Please submit the poster as a power point file or pdf file - see ppt template. Also a brief description of the topic that we can post on the web site would be appreciated.
Toxicology History Room Exhibits
- Society of Toxicology THR exhibit Meeting in Baltimore, MD, March 16-18, 2009
- IUTOX THR exhibit Meeting in Barcelona, Spain, July 2010
- NACCT THR Exhibit Meeting at Colorado Convention Center, Denver, CO, October 7-12, 2010
- EUROTOX 2011 THR Exhibt The 47th Congress of the European Societies of Toxicology, August 28-31, 2011
- NACCT THR Exhibit Meeting at Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington DC, September 21-26, 2011
- Russian Society of Toxicology Fourth Meeting at Izmailova Gamma Delta Hotel Conference Center, Moscow, November 6–8, 2013 (pictured above)
Explore Toxicology History Room Posters
- Absinthe by David Nathan-Maister and Oxygenee Ltd.
- BEAR I Report: A Challenge and Historical View of the Linear Dose Response by Edward J. Calabrese, PhD
- Brief History of Early Drug Regulation in the United States by Elizabeth Walker
- Opium History by Catie Drew from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (Note: Includes a related DEA Lecture on The Modern History of Illegal Drugs in America)
- Mithradates the Great The Poison King: The Life and Legend of Mithradates, Rome's Deadliest Enemy (Princeton 2010) by Adrienne Mayor
- António Joaquim Ferreira da Silva by Fernando Remião, Helena Carmo, and Maria de Lourdes Bastos
- Toxic Curiosities from the National Museum of Health and Medicine by Jim Curley and the National Museum of Health and Medicine