Coming soon . . .
download the format as a pdf file
THA Abstract Submission - Instructions for Authors
1. If possible abstracts should be in 12-point Times New Roman font.
2. Abstracts must contain a title, the names of all authors and their affiliations.
3. Text of abstract (excluding title, authors and affiliations) can be no more than 200 words.
4. Indicate whether you prefer platform or poster presentation.
5. Send all abstracts, as Word files, to Phil Wexler (email@example.com).
6. Deadline for submission, October 15th, 2012.
7. All presenting authors must register on or before October 15th, 2012 at http://www.tha2012.org
A sample abstract
in the appropriate format follows:
Historical Milestones and Discoveries Which Shaped the Toxicology Sciences
Steven G. Gilbert1 and Antoinette Hayes2
1Institute of Neurotoxicology and Neurological Disorders and 2Northeastern University
Knowledge of the toxic and healing properties of plants, animals, and minerals has shaped civilization for millennia. The foundations of modern toxicology are built upon the significant milestones and discoveries of serendipity and crude experimentation. Throughout the ages, toxicological science has provided information that has shaped and guided society. This poster presentation examines the development of the discipline of toxicology and its influence on civilization by highlighting significant milestones and discoveries related to toxicology. The examples shed light on the beginnings of toxicology, as well as examine lessons learned and re-learned. This project is also an effort to examine how toxicology and the toxicologist have interacted with other scientific and cultural disciplines, including religion, politics, and the government. Toxicology has evolved to a true scientific discipline with its own dedicated scientists, educational institutes, sub-disciplines, professional societies, and journals. It now stands as its own entity while traversing such fields as chemistry, physiology, and pharmacology. We invite you to join us on a path of discovery and to offer your suggestions as to what are the most significant milestones and discoveries in toxicology. An interactive version of the poster is available at www.toxipedia.org.